Thursday, April 21, 2016

Week #3 MTC



Week 3 at the MTC was great.

I am a true Zone boy now. Me and Elders Birch got the assignment of being the Zone leaders, which is great because I love power.

The MTC food is the absolute worst food I have ever had. A part of my soul leaves with every choked down plate of scraps. My body is reacting in violent ways and it hurts.

One of our Latvian teachers (who speaks less Latvian then we do) Masa Eyring (granddaughter of the one and only Henry B) is getting fired due to BYU graduation and I am filled with sorrow. She means so much to us. I am unsure how we will treat our new teacher but it may not be pretty. Ill keep you all up to date because I know you care SO MUCH.

Honestly, how many of you actually read this? I know I would skim over other missionaries emails and miss the majority of the content. Whatever, I don't really care.

SEND ME DEAR ELDERS PLEASE I LOVE THEM AND I NEED THEM IN ORDER TO SURVIVE.

We received 4 new Elders and 3 new Sister yesterday. They are great. I shall attach a picture of them so that you can look at them.

STORY OF THE WEEK: We were teaching our investigator (teacher) yesterday about baptism. My companion, Elders Birch, was trying to explain that you become a member of the church through baptism and receiving the holy ghost. He was trying to use the Latvian that he knows off the top of his head to explain this and and said "Caur Kristishanos un Svetais Gars speku jus varesit klusit loceklis" which roughly translates to "Through Baptism and the Holy Ghosts strength you can become member". Funny thing is without adding "Baznicas" before "Loceklis" which means "Church Member" the word "locekli" can mean a number of things. I can mean Member, Limb, Extention, or a certain part of the male anatomy. Fill in the blanks and laugh a little.

Things are all good here. I am four square king. All others bow before my greatness.


Elders Yost



No comments:

Post a Comment