Monday, August 8, 2016

Week #18

Subject: Who will love a little Sparrow, whose traveled far and cries for rest?
In the worlds of Paul Simon:

"Who will take pity in his heart? Will no one write her eulogy? 'I will.' said the Earth, 'For all I've created returns unto me. From dust were ye made, and dust ye shall be.''

I have taken pity in my heart and am now writing her eulogy. She was a good bird. She had traveled far, and she is now resting above the clouds in paradise. If only she had realized that the pane of glass was not open air. She did not suffer long. 

Sparrow ????-2016
Now that the eulogy is done, I will explain. Me and Elder Nelson were standing in front of the church, talking to people and seeing if they wanted to take a tour. Out of nowhere, something smacks me on the top of my head. I look to the ground, confused, and I see a dying bird. What are the odds that a bird would fall perfectly on my head? Hopefully it means good luck. If not, I am in trouble.

Also, tell my that I am not the best looking skinny man in all of Latvia? You can not do it. It is impossible. Really though, I look sooooooo goood.

By the way, Elder Seegmiller, I lost 4 pounds in 1 day last week. 

That is not a joke by the way. I was extremely ill this week and I shed weight like a race horse. 

Anywho, M will get baptized on Saturday. She is so prepared and will be such a solid member. We are excited and have already planned our pizza/ice cream party.

Yesterday, in a taxi, Phil Collins came on. It was wonderful. I thought "How can this get any better?" just as I thought this, Candle in the Wind by Elton John came on. This place is home now.

One of our new investigators, E, told us yesterday that ever since he has met with us, he hasn't had any Alus (beer) and had had no desire to drink anymore. The Holy Ghost is incredible.

Business lunch was great. Brother S is by me and P is by Elder Nelson.
It was at a pub. Perseus hid his beer from the camera.

Great times in good old Riga.

Elder Josts







No comments:

Post a Comment