Monday, April 10, 2017

Week #52

Hei

How is it going? My Grandma emailed me this week. It was nice. We all need friendly reminders sometimes, so I will now friendly remind these people as well:

Jon Ruggles (I need minion Buchemi)
Adrian Ramjoue
Melissa Wood

That is all. 

Anyway, this week was quite busy. We watched all the sessions of conference on Saturday and Sunday (in Latvian) which I sort of understand now. It was good.

Met with some members and ate some food this week.

It is crazy to tell people that I live within a 20 minute drive of 4 temples, and now it will be 5 with Saratoga. As President Chugg pointed out to me, we can now go to the Temple and then hit the lake. I AM STOKED. Members here, who travel 4 times a year to Sweden are always SHOCKED. Blessings on Blessings on Blessings of a Riverton, UT boi.

>:GENERAL CONFERENCE:<

My Favorite talks in order:

1)Elder Renland - Always steller. Compassion.
2)Elder Holland - Shaking things up a bit, but still marvelous. (Although i really dont like ''Saulains Prieks" (Sunshine in my soul today))
3)Bishop Causse - This talk made me think about growing up and all the guys who put up with me.

I will now give a online shout out, due to Bishop Causse's talk, to some great guys who kept me going when I was a snotty teenager (still am, actually, until thursday

Steve Boehme - When I was in middle School and didnt have a ton of close friends, we would go fishing. Wonderful example of humility and all in all an Incredible guy. Me and Elder Birch (who was Boehmes ceramics student) have many wonderful conversations about being called fatties and other mean names. Great memories.

President Chugg - Same thing here with the fishing. We fished A LOT and will fish EVEN MORE when I am home. One of the guys who treated this fatherless boy as his son. I remember being so excited to go fishing for the first time. We went on a monday nightto Pelican bay and caught some cats. 

SIDE NOTE: I love to make jokes about not having a dad, as most of you uncomfortably understand, but I had anywhere from 5-10 guys who filled that roll, and I am GREATFUL.

Mike Bohling - Also fishing. Great example of being able to have fun and be serious about the Gospel too. He would also steal every Crappie I ever was going to catch, and he wont let me forget about never catching one either.

Tom Hildebrand - When I had nothing to do on saturdays, Tom would invite me over to watch Utah games. He was a wonderful Teachers advisor.

Trent Earnshaw - We always just got along. Also would fish. Always made me feel welcome in every situation. Also a great teachers leader.

Jim Groethe - A great teacher who was actually never officailly my teacher, but nontheless had an impact on me. Helped me through a lot of rough times and helped me see the good in everything.

Steve Schaber - Another great teacher. I had many teachers who cared individually about me, but im not sure if a teacher has ever cared about his students more. Kept me going through some hard months of senior year, and for that, I am quite grateful.

Stewart Hudnall - One of the only guys whose sarcasm made my humor seem wet. I always enjoyed going to his class, because it was always uplifiting for me (although it was often uncomfortable and sarcastic, but that is where I thrive) In the words of a horrible country artist ''Its a great day to be alive, I know the sun is still shining when I close my eyes'' I dont actually see how to fit this in well but anyone in that class will understand.

Joshua Briggs - The most humble man I have ever met. Had him as a teacher all 3 years. Helped me through the tough times with genuine care for me and my well being.

I would also like to shout out all my friends parents but we DEFINANTLY dont have time for that. I am straight running out of TIME!

If you are all still reading, good job. I know that most of the people who read these dont know these guys or for that matter care about my young mens leaders and teachers. I do, however, understand the importance of looking back and seeing how the Lord always places the right people in our lifes, at just the right time, and I KNOW that the Lord has done and will continue to do that for me.

INVITATION TO YOU ALL

Think of the people in your life that have helped you along and thank them. 

When we show our gratitude for what God had done for us, we begin to recognize our blessings bigger and brighter.

Loves

3 comments:

  1. Elder Yost,

    Great letter. We are proud of you and your accomplishments. Keep up the great work and we will look forward to getting a report of your experiences when you get home.

    Love to you, your companions and family,

    Your Uncle Joe and Aunt Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder Yost,

    Hope you enjoyed your birthday in Latvia! I was thinking of you on your big day, and I even pointed out your amazing Chinese character which still adorns my wall! Loved how you asked Groethe about the most complex Chinese symbol out there and just owned that assignment! So very proud of your service as a missionary! Always remember to "keep smiling", and remember that there are so very many of back here in the Riverton area who are praying for you and thinking about you often! Pretty impressive there, listening to General Conference in Latvian, Elder Yost! I wished you a Happy birthday on your Facebook account, but you probably couldn't see that. Happy birthday, Elder Yost!!! Hope your birthday was amazing in every way!!!

    Mr. Briggs from RHS

    ReplyDelete