Monday, April 3, 2017

Week #51

Hi

I was a kid in a candy shop this morning as I went to the ''Stūra Maja'' or ''Corner House'' today. It is a very large and nice white building on the corner of Brīvības Iela (Freedom street) and Stābu Iela. This building was built in 1912 and had many flower shops and grocery stores, as well as offices and apartments. 

In 1940, when the Soviets arrived, it was the perfect building for Interigations. Today, I stood in rooms that held prisoners and saw first hand the KGB methods (tourture, humiliation, execution, etc) Absolutely disgusting, but soo very interesting for my brain.

I am happy to have the knowledge that I do and the Peace that comes from our savior, Jesus Christ.

If you have not seen it yet, go to mormon.org and watch the churches Easter video. It is (in my opinion) the best video the church has made. SERIOUSLY GOOD!

Ja was succesfully dunked and has given the Holy Ghost and is now the sassiest 65 year old in the Church. She seriously reminds me of my grandmother, Linda, who has not written me for 3 weeks. Post dunk, she turned and said to the congregation ''Ļoti Patikami'' (Very Pleasing).  She later said her only thought was ''Žel ka man bija jākap ārā" (Pity that I had to come up(*out of the water)). She is GREAT.

Me and Elder Birch are well. We met with a referral today who is PREPARED AS A HORSE and will soon be baptized. GREAT JOB! (Of course, it is God who does all the work, I am simply a chubby redhead servent)

Met a cool lady in Jelgava on an Exchange. We were walking in an area with few people and just felt like we had to keep walking. We then, at the last moment before turning away, met a former investigator who wants to meet again! GREAT JOB!

That is it, I have no more. Tee hee. Also, I forgot my camera at home and am deeply sorrowful that I wont be able to send Picture of 1) the baptism and 2) the KGB house. 

NEXT WEEK I WILL REPENT AND DO BETTER! tee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment