Monday, June 13, 2016

Week #10

Iron Maiden is coming to Riga.

Dear people in America,

How is Trump treating you?  There is no Trump here in Latvia (lol).

Riga is a fun place.

Elder Ballard came and spoke to us this week, what a guy. He is hilarious. He talked about the Spirit World and it was very cool.

The members here are so nice. They try to talk to me in English and I try to talk to them in Latvian, it is one giant fun mess.

We have a number of good investigators, and they are a lot of fun.

We taught the first lesson to a guy who tried to record our lesson on his phone and get us to say some false stuff. He talked about Hitler, it was fun.

Our real investigators are progressing well. Hopefully (fingers crossed) we get a couple of baptisms set up this week.

We teach English classes. We have had a good turnout, which is rare.

The new building opens up in a month and everyone is excited. The opposition the the church is strong here. It is a fun balance between the love and hate for us. I love it.

I saw some guy from Lithuania this week. We hugged for 15 minutes. He tried to hold my hand. I said "no" I'm on a mission.  (He was able to see his good friend Parker who is serving in Lithuania.  I wasn't sure if they would ever see each other since they are in different regions so I was so excited to hear that all of the missionaries were coming to Riga to hear Elder Ballard speak.)

Riga has some really cool architecture and we live in the middle of the coolest area. You should all come sometime (dont really, I would get in TROUBLE) it is great!

We talk to a lot of people every day and I love them.  My testimony is growing real quick and I love this gospel. It is hard, that is for sure, but it is worth it. 

Love,

Elders Josts

No comments:

Post a Comment