Monday, June 20, 2016

Week #11

Angry birds is HUGE in Latvija.......

Hello all.

I still don't understand anything that is going on here and I feel like I am going to die every minute of every day. I love it.

Someone please send me updates on Euro 2016.

Now with all that said and done, let's get to the fun stuff, shall we?

I went on 2 exchanges this week, one to Jelgava with Elders Birch and Satterlee (thank the heavens I LOVE Elders Satterlee) and the other I stayed in Riga with on of the Presidents Assistants.

Jelgava: A quaint town of about 60,000. I like it there, a lot smaller than Riga. I talked to a Jehovahs Witness for about a half hour. She took a pass along card.

Riga: Talked to a guy about soccer and then to an Atheist about god. It was great. Latvian is coming along at an okay rate, I think.

We have a good amount of investigators right now who are all doing well.

One of them didn't come to church and this was the text we received from him after 
"Sorry I didn't make it today, I got tangled up with booze and women last night"
I couldn't help but laugh. We have a long way to go.

On a different note, we have an investigator named M. She is 28 and is going to get baptized. She is wonderful. 

The new church building (which is GIANT) will be done the end of next month and M will be the first person baptized in that building. It will be a huge blessing to the branch.

The members in the Riga Latvia 1st Branch are the strongest members I have ever met. It is really difficult to be a strong member in Latvia, but they do it and they do it with a smile. 

I love my companion, I love this language (sometimes), I love Latvija ,and I love the lord.

P.S. I forgot my camera... I will send double next week.

Also, There is insane amounts of Angry Bird graffiti all over Riga. I will send pictures next week.

Love, Elders Josts

No comments:

Post a Comment