Monday, June 27, 2016

Week #12

What a great week, huh?

Been hearing a lot of stuff on the street about England. What is going on?

We had a fun Ligo week. Ligo is a holiday that celebrates the summer solstice. It is bigger than Christmas. We went to Lido (a great food place) twice. Once we paid and the other a nice family from Orem took us. The Brewers. Never thought a family from Orem would buy me a meal in Riga, Latvia.

I wake up at 3 AM on the dot every morning. It makes sense that I would wake up when the sun comes up, right? Well, that is 3 AM...(It is also still light at 10:30 at night)

We did a lot of contacting this week. We go knocking in the little cities that surround Riga. We are assigned to go to Balozi (Ball-oh-ghee). We went on Saturday and met a couple of Pentacostal preachers from the US who we will met with on Wed. We also met Irvings. A nice, almost nude, man who LOVED us.  (The man was only wearing a speedo)

We have a good amount of lessons set up for this week, which will be nice. 

Marta is doing well, we have a lesson with her today. I love it here and I cannot wait until I can understand what everyone is saying.

There was a huge storm last night. We had all of the windows open in our room (because our room was 92 degrees) and we woke up with water coming in and the curtains almost torn of the wall. It was fun.

Read your scriptures everyday if you do not already. It will bless your life. I love my mission and I love serving the lord.

I am now skinnier than I was when I starved myself on DASH.

Elders Josts






No comments:

Post a Comment