Monday, January 23, 2017

Week #41

Suffering, sorrow and pain. 

Hello Family, Friends, Blake Sykes, Mark McDermott, Jon Ruggles, Adrian Ramjoue, and all of the other people who I would like to email me.

This week was one for the ages.

E asked us if he could be baptized. March 4th is the date. VERY EXCITING!

I gave a talk in church. I tried my best to get up and just talk. (not read from a paper) 

 The first speaker spoke about the Book of Mormon and Sister Kunzelman then spoke about Our Redeemer, Jesus Christ. 

I then got up and said "Šodien, es runāšu par Ciešanam, Bedam, un Sapem" (Today, I will speak abour Suffering, Sorrow, and Pain.) Everyone got sad.

I spoke of my favorite New Testament verse (Romans 8:18) and how sometimes we focus on our trials and forget the big Picture.

I then told the whole story of my Grandmother, Linda, and her life. I spoke about how through the death of her Husband and Son, she stayed focused on the BIG PICTURE not on the little things. I then spoke of my mother, Tamera, and how she lost her Dad, Brother, and Husband and still keeps going. 

I ended with the point, "Nav Svarīgs kas notiks mūsu dzīvēs, bet ir svarīgs ko mēs darām kad sliktas lietas notiek, tāpēc, ka viņi noteikti notiks visiem" (It is not important what happens to us, but it is important what we do when bad things happen, because they will for sure happen to all of us)

One of my favorite members, An, told me to tell my Mother and Grandmother they they have a sister in the gospel in Latvijā. Also, to say that you have a good grandson and son. Tee hee.

Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment